Friday 14 October 2016
Sam Lowes and the Team Federal Oil Gresini Moto2 were back on track today at Twin Ring Motegi for the first day of Free Practice of the Grand Prix of Japan: after the great weekend in Aragon, ended with a stunning victory, the 26-year-old British rider was straight back at the top, setting the fourth fastest time with 1’51”184 and already showing a fast and consistent pace on consecutive laps.
The first two free practice sessions therefore bode well ahead of the Qualifying session, scheduled for tomorrow at 15.05 local time, 7:05 CET.
“It was a very good day! Luthi was fastest today, but we are not worried: he’s always been very strong on this track and we have room to improve. We tried a lot of things on the bike today and at some point, when we put the harder tyre, we also went a little bit in the wrong direction. Later, however, with the other tyre, we have taken a big step forward, finding a very consistent pace. I feel good, we still have room to improve and tomorrow in Qualifying we can definitely fight for the pole position!”.
- 22.11.2020 - Lowes signs off from 2020 with unbelievable podium finish
- 15.11.2020 - Heroic Lowes in the points in Valencian GP
- 08.11.2020 - Unfortunate end for Lowes in European GP
- 25.10.2020 - Lowes triumphant in Teruel for third straight victory
- 18.10.2020 - Jubilant Lowes claims second win in seven days in Aragon!
- 11.10.2020 - Lowes flies to famous French win in Le Mans
- 02.10.2020 - “I’m calmer and faster than ever before”
- 28.09.2020 - Second place for Lowes after brilliant Barcelona battle
- 21.09.2020 - All-action Lowes grabs brilliant podium in 10-lap shootout!
- 24.08.2020 - Undeserved ending for Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS