Saturday 24 September 2016
Aboard the Team Federal Oil Gresini Moto2 Kalex machine Sam Lowes set the pole position at the end of this afternoon’s Aragon Grand Prix Qualifying at Motorland Aragon. The 26-year-old British rider clocked a brilliant 1’53”207, beating Spaniard Alex Marquez by 0.054 seconds and thus obtaining his fifth pole of the season after those obtained in Termas de Rio Hondo, Jerez, Mugello and Silverstone.
Before the “time attack” Lowes also showed a good race pace on used tyres, something that bodes well for tomorrow’s 21-lap race, which will start at 12.20.
“We started the Qualifying with the used tyres from this morning and I managed to make many laps in the 1’53”. We worked hard all the weekend and we feel like we can keep a good pace. Tomorrow we can make a really good job, I think that the other riders won’t be able to make 21 laps with that rhythm. For this reason I’m really happy; maybe we will try something more on the bike tomorrow morning during the Warm Up, then we will push for the race!”.
- 22.11.2020 - Lowes signs off from 2020 with unbelievable podium finish
- 15.11.2020 - Heroic Lowes in the points in Valencian GP
- 08.11.2020 - Unfortunate end for Lowes in European GP
- 25.10.2020 - Lowes triumphant in Teruel for third straight victory
- 18.10.2020 - Jubilant Lowes claims second win in seven days in Aragon!
- 11.10.2020 - Lowes flies to famous French win in Le Mans
- 02.10.2020 - “I’m calmer and faster than ever before”
- 28.09.2020 - Second place for Lowes after brilliant Barcelona battle
- 21.09.2020 - All-action Lowes grabs brilliant podium in 10-lap shootout!
- 24.08.2020 - Undeserved ending for Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS