Sunday 5 June 2016
Team Federal Oil Gresini Moto2 racer Sam Lowes closed today’s Catalan Grand Prix at Montmelò in sixth place. Started from the second row with the fifth fastest time, the 25-year-old English rider slipped back to tenth place in the fight of the first lap, then he struggled to recover due to lack of grip, which has not allowed him to keep a good pace. Sam is now second in the World Championship standings with 108 points, eight less than Spaniard Alex Rins.
“It was a difficult race: I lost some positions on the first lap due to a few contacts, and then I struggled to recover because I couldn’t keep a good pace. It’s not the result we expected, but we still picked up some important points for the championship with a sixth place. Today, however, Zarco and Rins were more competitive than us, so now we’re going to analyze the data to understand what happened, in order to improve for the next races. It was a tough weekend for everybody, for obvious reasons; now we focus on Assen where we will arrive with a gap of only 8 points from the top of the standings”.
- 22.11.2020 - Lowes signs off from 2020 with unbelievable podium finish
- 15.11.2020 - Heroic Lowes in the points in Valencian GP
- 08.11.2020 - Unfortunate end for Lowes in European GP
- 25.10.2020 - Lowes triumphant in Teruel for third straight victory
- 18.10.2020 - Jubilant Lowes claims second win in seven days in Aragon!
- 11.10.2020 - Lowes flies to famous French win in Le Mans
- 02.10.2020 - “I’m calmer and faster than ever before”
- 28.09.2020 - Second place for Lowes after brilliant Barcelona battle
- 21.09.2020 - All-action Lowes grabs brilliant podium in 10-lap shootout!
- 24.08.2020 - Undeserved ending for Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS