Saturday 23 April 2016
Aboard the Team Federal Oil Gresini Moto2 Kalex machine Sam Lowes clinched the pole position at the end of this afternoon’s hard-fought Qualifying for the Spanish Grand Prix.The 25-year-old British rider set the lap time of 1’42”408, beating German Jonas Folger for just 0.028 seconds.
This is the second pole of the season for Lowes, after that achieved in the GP of Argentina, and the fourth front row start in as many races, demonstrating the high performance consistency achieved by Lowes and the whole team. The World Championship leader will start the race, tomorrow at 11.20 AM, aware of having an excellent pace and to be able to fight the victory.
“It was a very tight qualifying session! I got a good lap time, also completing a lot of fast laps. We worked hard all weekend on used tyres and we have a good race pace: after the positive tests carried out here in the winter we started the weekend with a good base set-up, and the bike is working quite similar to the tests because the conditions are not too hot this weekend, so I feel good and relaxed. It was nice to arrive in Europe leading the standings and obviously it’s nice to get the pole position! Tomorrow we can have a good race and fight for the win!”.
- 22.11.2020 - Lowes signs off from 2020 with unbelievable podium finish
- 15.11.2020 - Heroic Lowes in the points in Valencian GP
- 08.11.2020 - Unfortunate end for Lowes in European GP
- 25.10.2020 - Lowes triumphant in Teruel for third straight victory
- 18.10.2020 - Jubilant Lowes claims second win in seven days in Aragon!
- 11.10.2020 - Lowes flies to famous French win in Le Mans
- 02.10.2020 - “I’m calmer and faster than ever before”
- 28.09.2020 - Second place for Lowes after brilliant Barcelona battle
- 21.09.2020 - All-action Lowes grabs brilliant podium in 10-lap shootout!
- 24.08.2020 - Undeserved ending for Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS