Saturday 2 April 2016
Team Federal Oil Gresini Moto2 racer Sam Lowes stole a last-minute pole position in a dramatic Qualifying session for the Argentina Grand Prix in Termas de Rio Hondo today. The 25-year-old British rider, who set a stunning 1’43”347, will share the front row tomorrow with Frenchman Johann Zarco and German Jonas Folger.
“Today the team made a great job once again: the bike is always improving and it’s nice to count on a team able to give you bike that helps you making progress. In qualifying there was some traffic, but I knew I was fast and it would be only a matter of time; in the final stages in fact I managed to do a good lap and I’m happy for that. The track condition is not easy this weekend, but I feel good and relaxed on the bike. Like in Qatar we worked hard on the race pace: in the first Grand Prix I was able to maintain a good pace until the end and hopefully we can do the same tomorrow! The most important day is tomorrow of course, but it’s nice to be on pole! Grazie mille to the whole team!”.
- 22.11.2020 - Lowes signs off from 2020 with unbelievable podium finish
- 15.11.2020 - Heroic Lowes in the points in Valencian GP
- 08.11.2020 - Unfortunate end for Lowes in European GP
- 25.10.2020 - Lowes triumphant in Teruel for third straight victory
- 18.10.2020 - Jubilant Lowes claims second win in seven days in Aragon!
- 11.10.2020 - Lowes flies to famous French win in Le Mans
- 02.10.2020 - “I’m calmer and faster than ever before”
- 28.09.2020 - Second place for Lowes after brilliant Barcelona battle
- 21.09.2020 - All-action Lowes grabs brilliant podium in 10-lap shootout!
- 24.08.2020 - Undeserved ending for Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS