Friday 1 April 2016
Sam Lowes’ positive start to the 2016 Moto2 World Championship continued in impressive fashion in Argentina today, the Team Federal Oil Gresini Moto2 rider finishing third fastest after the opening two practice sessions.
Lowes, who completed a total of 37 laps, set a lap time of 1’44”768 in the afternoon session, preceded only by Frenchman Johann Zarco and Japanese Takaaki Nakagami. After working with good results on the rear end, tomorrow the team will work to improve the behavior of the front end of Sam’s Kalex Moto2 machine.
“This year the track conditions are worse than in 2015, with less grip. However, the situation is the same for everybody, and we had a positive first day, because I have a good pace and I feel like I’m not trying too hard to be in the top positions. We made a big improvement this afternoon on the rear of the bike and tomorrow we will try to improve the front. We can still improve, but we are already competitive”.
- 22.11.2020 - Lowes signs off from 2020 with unbelievable podium finish
- 15.11.2020 - Heroic Lowes in the points in Valencian GP
- 08.11.2020 - Unfortunate end for Lowes in European GP
- 25.10.2020 - Lowes triumphant in Teruel for third straight victory
- 18.10.2020 - Jubilant Lowes claims second win in seven days in Aragon!
- 11.10.2020 - Lowes flies to famous French win in Le Mans
- 02.10.2020 - “I’m calmer and faster than ever before”
- 28.09.2020 - Second place for Lowes after brilliant Barcelona battle
- 21.09.2020 - All-action Lowes grabs brilliant podium in 10-lap shootout!
- 24.08.2020 - Undeserved ending for Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS